Debbie Pizzey came to Bond Joseph having worked as an assistant in the Attorney General’s Office. She completed her training contract with Bond Joseph and qualified as a Solicitor in 2004. Since then she has worked exclusively in the field of Criminal Defence representing clients in the Kent Magistrates and Youth Courts where she is an extremely effective and successful trial lawyer.
Recent cases of interest include:
- Debbie conducted a Magistrates Court trial for a client charged with domestic assault. The allegations were that the client assaulted her partner with a baseball bat. The client was acquitted following trial in 2014.
- Debbie represented a youth charged with unprovoked street violence in 2013. The client was charged with 2 others. The client asserted that he was wrongly identified and Debbie established at trial that the witness accounts were unconvincing and the client was the only defendant acquitted.
- Debbie represented a male charged with drink driving in 2013. The case was dropped after Debbie exposed the technical faults in the prosecution case.
- Debbie represented a young man who was acquitted of Robbery after a 3 day trial at Folkestone Magistrates Court in 2013.
- Debbie was the Defence Solicitor in an Attempted Murder case in 2011. Following the trial the client was acquitted of the offence. See news report on Kent Online.