Chris is a highly regarded solicitor with Higher Rights (Criminal Advocacy) Qualification. He has been a criminal defence lawyer since 1986 and part of the Bond Joseph team since 2014.
Recent cases of interest include:
- Chris assisted in the representation of a defendant successfully acquitted at trial having been charged with 'one-punch-manslaughter' in Folkestone, Kent. See news report on Kent Online.
- In 2018, Instructed to represent a juvenile charged with a 'gang land' murder in Gillingham, Kent. See news report on BBC News.
- In 2017, Chris was instructed to represent a male charged with numerous historic sexual offences in his capacity as teacher in Surrey in the 1970's. See news report on Kent Online.
- Chris assisted Oliver Saxby QC and Bond Joseph's Sara Haroon in the defence of a young man charged with murder in East Woodford London. Defendant was convicted following re-trial. See news report in The Daily Mail.
- Instructing solicitor in case of murder and attempted murder in 2017/2018. See news report in The Daily Mail.
- In 2017, Chris represented a vet charged with conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation. See news report on Kent Online.
- In 2016, Chris was instructed to represent a stunt show company during the inquest into the death of an employee following a 'human cannonball' stunt. Thereafter instructed to represent in following criminal proceedings. See news report in The Guardian.